Home Page

Sunday, May 22

Any Idea?

Well, this a study hall in my collage (Damascus university) where I’m used to study in it, unlike many other study halls in other departments, this one is very calm, tranquil and in fact air-conditioned. Students who come here really want to concentrate on their studies, and they are serious, so that’s what makes it my favorite. Actually I took this photo especially for me as a souvenir, but what made me think to post it is just the idea “ why do people here are afraid of photographing??” well consider it very well, nothing there abnormal or dangerous, even no one single student ( that made me to wait till its closing time! ), but why should I take a permission for such a silly picture, and be questioned for that ? Might my innocent, nonprofessional photos be that dangerous? I really don’t know!

7 Comments:

  • hehehe that reminds me of one time I tried to take a picture of an old police office and the guys that i went out with then told me not to cause it wasn't allowded.. the first thought that came to my head was REALLY?? I didn't know that's a high secret office :P
    Anyway study halls remind me of the most peaceful sleeps :P

    By Blogger Sinan, at 22/5/05 10:24 PM  

  • Sinan, you're deviently funny. :P

    I really wouldn't know why it's not allow to photograph the place... I don't mind if people came to my room to take photos and post it on line. Even though I really hate my room.

    You know this hall reminds me when I was in college. There was this place I used to go to study, it's a place for people who really want to study, plus, it was a tutoring area. I like the colors of your area... Bright...

    By Blogger Sara, at 22/5/05 11:13 PM  

  • what this quick .

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 22/5/05 11:40 PM  

  • no more pop up comments eh??
    BTW the study hall looks great, I'm impressed!

    By Blogger x, at 23/5/05 5:02 AM  

  • You presented a good point ,such a trend represent a whole out dated system that portrays the bureaucratic civil service system ,no body takes a responsibility or initiative a total indifference.
    We are in the 21st century ,and the whole 3ed world is regressing with decadence ,this explains why we are consumers and not producers ,to-date our systems are unable to cope with a minor decisions !!!such makes our society unable to contribute nothing to the world ,thus being followers in a competitive world in which we still are the eptomy of degradation .

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 23/5/05 8:33 PM  

  • Hey,
    Lovely blog and some cool pictures you got up here as well
    Study halls make me wanna sleep.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 25/5/05 11:32 AM  

  • there is a fear o what we call Cameras here in Sy: women are the n#1 enemies of it, the the teatchers, the whole syrian people, it's elligal always to photograph, maybe because photos are showing an ugly reality that must be headen somehow. and for women, because of society.
    nice post ghalia.

    By Blogger Amr Faham, at 25/5/05 11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top