Home Page

Friday, June 10

Na'iman



I once posted about Hammam El-Souk, but at that time I couldn’t get inside it, and I always had the impression that it is quit disgusting, any way last Monday I passed by a one and there, it was written that it opens for women only on Mondays, out of curiosity I got inside it, so it was my first time to see such a thing, and to my surprise it really looked amazing. My grandma used to tell me that it was common for all people at their time to bath there as houses didn’t have any baths! So they used to take their clothes and stuffs with them in something called “Buqjah” ( a piece of cloth where they put their things inside it and wrap it up like a bundle) and some foods and stay there till midday! At least one reason makes me thank God that I’m born at this age! My grandma’s stories usually end that life at that time was more difficult but more interesting!!

7 Comments:

  • it'll be nice to have someone rubbing ur back for ya... every once in a while!! hehe... realy.. a relaxing day at such BATH isn't a bad idea at ALL!!

    By Blogger Yazan, at 10/6/05 1:01 PM  

  • Welocme back o the blogosphere Ghalia, we missed you.

    By Blogger Baher, at 10/6/05 8:58 PM  

  • That was a quick break :) I knew you'll be back... :)

    Ooooh, I've always ALWAYS wanted to try those... I hear they are relaxing. Maybe when I go to Syria soon. :D

    Thanks for the post.

    By Blogger Sara, at 11/6/05 8:22 PM  

  • Exactly ... thank God I'm not borned at that age:P
    I tried one these just once ... and my impression is "ok".

    @Front Bumper: about rubbing that back ....... I will never do it again :S a guy rubbing my back ... ewwwww.

    Nice to see you back Ghalia ....... life is good most of the time ;)

    Cya people ;)

    By Blogger Hasan Bazerbashi, at 11/6/05 9:18 PM  

  • :) i have to went to hamam al souk last year:) it was fun though i didnt try to bathe there my mom and aunt did:)

    By Blogger Hind Sabanekh, at 11/6/05 10:51 PM  

  • simply gorgeous..

    By Blogger x, at 12/6/05 11:29 PM  

  • @hasan... ouch, yup.. I can see where ur going!!! well.. u didn't realy have to paint that pic for me..!! I was realy into going there!!! :(((

    By Blogger Yazan, at 13/6/05 6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top