Home Page

Tuesday, March 22

Letter to Jasmine


Last night, my memory told me
to draw a lamb
I drew a city called Damascus
I did not draw it as
a city emerging from the mirrors of the past, or
Boxes of homesickness
But I did draw the desire of my future with her

"Nostalgia Letters to Jasmine" is the latest collection of poems by the Syrian novelist and poetess, Ghada al Samman, in which she expresses her inner feelings of homesickness and yearning to be once again in Damascus, the city of Jasmine and clover flowers.

10 Comments:

  • :'( I miss Damascus
    I love Ghada Samman works.

    By Blogger Sinan, at 22/3/05 10:39 PM  

  • "Our future with her." Wonderful.

    By Blogger Ayman Haykal, at 22/3/05 11:33 PM  

  • I love pictures of old damas. there's simple so much culture in there

    By Blogger x, at 22/3/05 11:56 PM  

  • i have a site on the old city of Damasacus, but it's closed till the end of this month because it hase been overloaded with visitors,
    it's www.oldamascus.com
    very nice photos, it's nice to see girls working on the net, that's cool and graet at the same time.

    By Blogger Amr Faham, at 23/3/05 8:33 PM  

  • i meant syrian girls especially..

    By Blogger Amr Faham, at 23/3/05 8:35 PM  

  • Thanx very much Amr..

    By Blogger Ghalia, at 23/3/05 10:55 PM  

  • Its nice 2 love ur country :)

    By Blogger M!R@CHK@, at 24/3/05 7:25 PM  

  • I really like this picture :)
    I feel like it not only captures how the place looks but time as well.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 26/3/05 12:20 PM  

  • hi
    I love Ghada Samman poetry!!!
    I'm looking for her works (in arabic) and espessially for photo of her!!!
    would u help me if u know where I can find it?
    Katrina
    Ukraine

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/12/05 10:34 PM  

  • and...
    oh
    I've lived in Damascus 4 years...
    I miss it very much :-(((
    katrina_haddad@maktoob.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/12/05 10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top