Home Page

Monday, April 11

Nature Call

DSCI0015
While I was taking this picture, many people stopped me telling me “This a toilet” or “ You are photographing a WC”. “Yes I know” I’ve answered them. Two years ago these toilets didn’t exist here at all, even after putting them for a while many people didn’t got the usage of these small rooms! Anyway, it seems that it became a common at last. while Syrians prefer to go to a nearby mosque and use its toilet for free, Tourists are more accustomed for it than them, it’ll only cost 5 S.P, but at least it is CLEAN!!!

5 Comments:

  • I never knew of this "fad"
    I think it's pretty cool.. I think france has a simillar system

    By Blogger x, at 11/4/05 7:24 PM  

  • Wow its rare 2 find a clean public WC???
    well i cant even go 2 check my hair in the uni's WC coz as soon as i come out i will smell as bad as a 24/7 smoker not 2 mention the purity of the bathroom :P

    By Blogger M!R@CHK@, at 11/4/05 8:42 PM  

  • No it's actually clean.

    By Blogger Sinan, at 12/4/05 12:21 PM  

  • i'm not sure if the word "clean" is accurate:
    in the Greek mythology, everything had a god: the god of thunder, god of lightning, god of death..
    and that's why the municipality of Damascus decided to make those toilets in the anniversary of the god of Bad Smell: "ilahool Reeha"..
    i don't know if anyone of you have ever visited it.. but the thing i'm sure about is many of them have the strongest smell ever, especially under the main bridge : jissr al ra2eess.. the smell reaches a zone with 30 km of diameter.

    By Blogger Amr Faham, at 12/4/05 4:11 PM  

  • ehehe.. so there's no fan?

    By Blogger x, at 12/4/05 7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top